Today, texting has taken the place of calls and emails and has become the primary sales and marketing device for businesses around the world. Mobile usage continues to be on the rise and professional text message usage is expected to continue to grow through 2022. More and more studies have been conducted and gathered for text messaging statistics and they are all showing that they will have a huge influence now and in the future on businesses large and small.
3 Quick Text Statistics
TxtSquad can play a major role in building relationships with your customers. Urgency matters and that means you need to be quicker to respond to your customer's needs in order to ensure you can close a sale. In fact, research shows that 50% of sales go to the vendor who responds first to a customer's needs. This means that half of all customer sales go to whoever is ready and able to make a sale. That’s why we designed our TxtSquad application with group-based texting support, automation, and a quick script, that work to help your sales team respond quickly.
Not only do customers need you to be available – they are available themselves to quickly respond to your messages. The average response time for text messages is only 60 seconds. This means that when you reach a customer, you will be able to quickly get a response. This is particularly useful in not only closing sales but also when you need to get a hold of customers for instruction. For example, no more waiting hours for an e-mail response that holds up your project.
Your competitors are already texting potential customers, and customers are beginning to expect it as a form of business communication. In fact, 76% of consumers have said they have received some kind of text message from a business. This means not only do consumers expect it and regularly experience it – it also means you need to learn to text like a pro and stand out from the crowd.
Worldwide texting stats:
If you're looking to get a sense for just how many people use their phones these days, and what we all spend more time doing with it than talking on the phone or sending texts--these text messaging statistics paint an interesting picture.
- SMS open rates are as high as 98%, which means whatever you are sending out has an extremely high read rate compared to calls and emails.
- Five of the world's almost Eight billion people text message
- Should come as no surprise that China and India are second and first place for sending the most text messages.
- By 2025, 6 billion people worldwide will be sending and receiving messages over text.
- 3.5 billion people own a smartphone in 2020 and this number is expected to rise.
SMS Statistics in the US and Canada
SMS marketing allows businesses to send personalized text messages that are sent directly from their mobile phones. Find out how this has been growing in popularity as an effective and quick way for advertisers, especially those targeting American audiences with specific interests or demographics. In 2022, SMS marketing will become even more popular as many American business owners use these campaigns because they're cost effective ways to stay in touch while still reaching customers where they live--their smartphones!
- 81% of Americans and Canadians text daily.
- Over 6 billion texts are sent every day.
- Over 180 billion texts are sent every month.
- 27 trillion texts are sent every year.
- 97% of US and Canadian adults text weekly.
- America is responsible for approximately 45% of the world’s text volume.
- Americans and Canadians text twice as much as they call, on average.
- 92% of US and Canadian adults carry text-enabled phones, but only 14% of small businesses text with consumers. There's a huge opportunity for marketing, sales, and engaging customers here.
Where Text Marketing is Going
The stats don't lie, and they show that text messaging isn’t going to be slowing down any time soon. In fact, the growth is projected to keep growing at a strong pace through 2025! We have no choice but to become accustomed to or lose out in this fast-paced world of communication where everyone communicates digitally via mobile devices.
- Retailers increased their spending on SMS platforms by 55% in 2020.
- Two-thirds of mobile connections will be on high-speed networks by 2025.
- 6 billion people will send and receive SMS text messages by 2025.
- Almost 49 million customers chose to go for opt-in messages in 2020 and it’s expected to rise in the coming years.
Why Wait? Try TxtSquad Today!
With the increased use of mobile phones, texting has become more popular than ever before. With this new development in sms marketing software comes many added benefits for both businesses and consumers alike. If you’ve been wondering how to get started with text message marketing or just don't know where to start, look no further than our team at TxtSquad.
We offer a two-week free trial so you can try it out before committing any time or money. You'll have full access to our library of resources and tutorials as well as 24/7 support from our expert staff who are ready to help answer any questions about sending texts. So what are you waiting for? Sign up now for a two-week free trial today!